In this POP Century Resort review, Brittany from The Cool Hip Mom, offers us a quick snapshot of Disney’s POP Century Resort from her recent family experience at POP Century.
Pop Century Introduction
Disney’s Pop Century Resort is a value resort that is great for its convenient location, decade nostalgia, and affordable price. It’s located in the World Wide of Sports Resort Area. Room rates range from $115-$160/night depending on room type and time of year.
We have seen POP Century as low as $98/night on discount sites like Under Cover Tourist.
Disney’s Pop Century Resort highlights 20th-century pop culture in a very fun way that the whole family will enjoy. Immediately pulling into the resort you are transformed back in time! While onsite you’ll see popular catch phrases and well known dance crazes on the top of the buildings.
Each building represents an era starting from the 1950’s to the 1990’s. Depending on the building you are assigned to, you’ll find massive replicas of toys, electronics, music, movies, and fads relating to that era all throughout the building.
Pop Century Rooms
During our stay this summer we enjoyed one of their newly renovated studios. The modern design was perfect for our little family, as the first thing we did was drop our bags and headed out to explore! We were very impressed by the simplicity and the functionality of the room. It was furnished with two full beds (one was a murphy bed that when put away is a table with 2 chairs), a refrigerator, coffee maker, TV, and a safe.
Other amenities included:
- Complimentary WiFi
- Self service laundry onsite (in certain locations)
- Childcare services
- Room transformation for special occasions
The room was very clean when we arrived. We opted for housekeeping at the time because the resort was offering a promotion that included a gift card to the Everything Pop Shop! Of course we had to get a souvenir for our daughter!
Pop Century Room Types
There are four room types at Disney’s Pop Century. All Disney Value and Moderate resorts rank rooms based on distance to major aspects of the resort such as lobby, pools, and restaurants.
Disney’s POP Century follows the following format in room type and pricing:
- POP Century Preferred Pool Room: These rooms offer views of the main POP Century Pool known as the Hippy Dippy Pool and are also closest to Classic Hall, Dining, Shopping and Transportation. Rates ~ $150/night
- POP Century Preferred Room: These rooms are the same as standard rooms with a courtyard or landscape view, but they are closer to Classic Hall, Dining and Shopping, and Transportation. These rooms have an average rate of $144/nt
- POP Century Standard Room Pool View: These rooms offer views of bowling or computer pool, but are located in building farther away from the main building, dining, and transportation. Approximate rates start at $133/nt
- POP Century Standard Room: As you may have guessed by now, these are just standard rooms located in the buildings farthest away from the main building and have the lowest price point at an average price of $127/night
INSIDER TIP: A “Value” resort isn’t always a value for larger families. These rooms are very small! If you are a family of 4 it might work but, honestly, once your kids are older it could feel a bit tight. Our family of 5 has always needed two Value resort rooms so it’s always worth considering a Disney moderate resort because they offer a smaller pull down Murphy Bed and have a larger footprint. You might even be surprised to find our about staying in a Disney Deluxe Resort like The Contemporary Resort by utilizing DVC Points or staying at a convention
Want to save 35-60% on a Disney Deluxe Resort? Check out Five Ways To Stay On Disney Property and Not Go Broke
Pop Century Restaurants
- Everything POP shop & dining is a quick serve option serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks from 7 different stations including: grab ‘n’ go items (like salads, sandwiches, baked goods), grilled fare, pizza, pasta, sandwiches, healthy choices and home-cooked cuisine.
- The Petals Pool Bar (located by the Hippy Dippy pool) serves specialty drinks, beer, wine, sangria as well as non-alcoholic beverages. They do not serve food!
- In Room Pizza Delivery! If you love pizza and don’t want to make the trek to the food court, you can get it delivered to your door from 4pm-midnight. There is button on your phone for pizza delivery. Also for the parents, you can get beer and wine delivered as well
For the best in Disney Food Guides, check out Disney Food Blog 2019 Guides! We download them and screen shot them to our phones so we never miss a snack!
Pop Century Amenities
- Fast Forward Arcade is open 24 hours and located in the Classic Hall. There are a variety of arcade games, old and new. This is great for the kids (and the adults).
- Movies Under the Stars is offered on select nights out by the Hippy Dippy pool! You’ll be able to watch screenings of classic and newer Disney movies with the family underneath the stars.
- #PopFlashbackFriday – Every Friday at the hotel there are a variety of activities for guests. At the front desk, guests can participate in a scavenger hunt, take photos at the photo booth and do the “hustle” (like I mentioned earlier in the post). Other activities include trivia, guessing games, karaoke, bingo and more. It varies each month! So fun for the kids (and everyone really!)
- In the 70’s themed building of the resort, there is a playground for the kids.
Speaking of fun for the kids activities. Have you heard about the secret meet and greet for Disney characters?
POP century Transportation
There are plenty of buses that will take you to and from the parks and Disney Springs exclusively! All you need to do is head over to the pick up station in front of the hotel, get in the line of the park you are going to and it will take you right there! No stops! You can also take the Magical Express which provides complimentary transportation to and from Orlando International Airport!
Everything Pop Shop is a great shopping experience! You’ll find Disney merchandise of all kinds from apparel, household items, stationery, toys and so much more. If you (or anyone in your family) forgot something (like toiletries, etc…) you can pick those up at the shop as well.
There is a nice walking/running trail over by the 80’s section. It goes around the lake and there are facts from the 80s that keep you informed while you’re exercising.
POP Century Pools
The Hippy Dippy Pool (the main pool) is located in the ‘60s section. It has flower shaped water jets and a kiddie pool for the little ones. There are two smaller pools: The Bowling Pool in the ‘50s section and the Computer Pool in the ‘90s section.
Overall, this resort is a fun experience for the entire family! We would stay here again if we could. It’s a lot of fun. It’s also in close proximity to the Art of Animation resort (I actually went exploring one morning and found it). So if you ever wanted to stop by and see that resort, it’s within walking distance!
You Might Also Be Interested In
- GET ALL THE DISNEY PERKS WITHOUT THE DISNEY PRICE AT MARRIOTT’S SWAN AND DOLPHIN RESORT
- ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CHOOSING THE BEST SHOES FOR DISNEY
- YOU WILL BE SINGING A HAPPY TUNE AT DISNEY’S ALL STAR MUSIC RESORT
- DREAM COMES TRUE AT DISNEY’S POLYNESIAN RESORT
- THEY DON’T CALL IT THE “GRAND” CALIFORNIAN FOR NOTHING!